Wednesday, April 10, 2013

#gooddayafterall

Had a really stressful day today. It's 10:52 p.m. and I'm getting ready to stuff some Tilapia with spinach and Parmesan. I'm also going to have a glass of wine. I wish I had enough energy to write. I don't so I thought I'd blog instead. One part of my day was really great today, though. Someone at work received their copy of my book today and asked me if I would sign it. #feltreallygood She told me she loved the cover! #feltevenbetter She mentioned to two other people in the room that she was holding my book. By the end of the day I had received an email from one of the other people telling me she had just ordered my book, too. Before I left work for the day I had received an email from another co-worker telling me she had purchased an eBook version of my book. #ahamoment I also met a fellow author, Michael D. Harper. The title of his book is Junior (Volume 1). Can't wait to read it.

So, really, now that I think about it, I had a really good day. I was so focused on the few things that aggravated me during the day that I overlooked those sprinkles of goodness. I'm a little ashamed of that because I gave in to the negative. Didn't even attempt to fight it off.

Well, I haven't written since Sunday, so I need to get back on it. I think I got a little comfortable after I fixed an outline that I had somehow lost control of. It's my next story for publication. The outline was written a few years ago, right before I decided to write another story without the benefit of an outline. How's that one working for me? I might not have an outline, but I have a bunch of research. #loveresearchforastory

Another reason I haven't written in the last few days--reading up on and working on marketing and promotion. I'm mentally exhausted. I think I'm actually overwhelmed. By Friday I'll be back to normal and back on the grind. In the last week or so, I've learned the writing part is easy, the marketing and promotion part not so much. Any help would be appreciated.

(Disclaimer: Not going to proofread what I just wrote in this blog. I'd rather have a glass of wine and something to eat--even though it's 11:13 p.m.)

Simply TRB

No comments:

Post a Comment