Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Black History Month Speaker

Last month, for Black History Month, I was invited to the Elizabeth Andrews Alternative School to talk about writing and getting published. For the last 10 years I've been learning all I can about writing, editing, and self-publishing. Even though I know there is much more to learn, I felt very knowledgeable sharing what I have learned. I also invited a new author, Richard Martin, Jr., to talk about his writing/self-publishing experience. Mr. Martin hired Butterfly Whispers Copy Editing & Proofreading to edit his autobiography, and then I assisted him with publishing his book using CreateSpace. It was a great experience. So much so that I'm going to re-release my first book using CreateSpace.

I love writing, I love talking about writing, and I really love listening to other people talk about writing. My recent experience at Elizabeth Andrews helped me to realize how much I enjoy motivating other people to write. I'm excited about seeing where all of this goes, and who I get to meet along the way.

Simply TRB     

No comments:

Post a Comment